Who am I and what have I done?
As a grassroots volunteer in Cockburn for the past 20 years, I have lived and breathed Cockburn.
I brought my family, kids, sisters here. I started off in Atwell Primary School Safety House Program, then Neighbourhood Watch. Now the Chair of Cockburn NHW.
I was the President of Atwell Community Association for 9 years, now I'm the treasurer.
I was the inaugural chair of Atwell College Board and I'm still on
I was asked to run for Council. I was elected 2011; currently East Ward Councillor until 2019.
I'm on numerous volunteer group committees:
- Audit & Strategic Finance Committee
- Bushfire Reference Group (Chair)
- CEO & Senior Staff Key Projects Appraisal Committee
- Community Safety & Crime Prevention Committee
- CCW Reference Group; Cockburn ARC.
- Delegated Authorities, Policies & Position Statements Committee
- Grants & Donations Committee
- JDAP Joint Development Assessment Panel; [Remunerated position]
- LEMC Local Emergency Management Committee
- NHW Reference Group (Chair)
Yes I work hard but it is very satisfying helping people. From a 15 years Customer Service career in Coles Myer to 20 years in New Homes sales and Design for Plunkett Homes, it's just in the blood.
My lovely daughters; Sheree, Michelle, Shannen and Brianna. Then partner Sharon with nephew Jamie. and of course my Dad - Nino.