What I am committed to:
My Girls and their future!!!
Fixing Cockburn traffic congestion
- Build Roe 8 - stop the bickering and petty politics
- Build North Lake Road overpass
- Upgrade Hammond Rd and Russell Rd to a dual lane roundabout now!
- Get better vehicle access to Cockburn train station; Knock Place is diabolical.
- Upgrade Armadale Road, Stock Road, and Cockburn Road; 4 lanes with grade separation
- Pace development with proper transport on a timely basis
- [if that means slowing down development, so be it]
- Fix train lines on North lake, Rockingham, Barrington and Russell Rds; we should be better than a 3rd world country
Improving community connectivity
- Build more pedestrian overpasses; Gateways, Sporting facilities and Atwell College
- Build more east - west links south of the river
- Build underground rail joining Fremantle, Coogee, Cockburn, and Jandakot
- With security and safety paramount; security lighting and paths; we need more suburb audits;proactive not reactive.
Improving crime fighting effectiveness
- Recruit 1,000 more Police officers
- Put more Police patrols on the road
- Operate Regional Police station 24 hours per day
- Make judges more accountable and reflective of community values
- Set mandatory sentences for crimes against the young and the vulnerable
- Set mandatory sentences for evaders in police car pursuits - jail time
- State needs to help us keep Outlaw Bikie gangs out of our suburbs; follow Queensland's lead.
Improving how we are governed
- Hold public and elected officials to much higher standards - no exceptions
- Make local councils more accountable and more transparent to ratepayers
- Make council rates fairer, Dept. Local Government to give true comparisons on rates.
- For penalty rates for abnormal hours; fairs fair.
- Fair work place agreements; no watering them down
Improving what we do for our kids
- Improve the effectiveness of our schools and our teaching
- Improve and extend the services and the sports available to children and youth
- Provide family and youth facilities at affordable prices; sports, leisure & recreation
Environment; preservation and protection
- Identify bushland forever and enshrine in law to make it "forever"
- Work with Dpaw to protect our coast; coastal activities & development within reason
- To dispel myths on Roe 8 and to keep the community informed on its benefits.
- Beautify the Power line easement;an eyesore. Potentially a great pedestrian/bicycle link